8.01.2010

Wait, I'm not finished...

Songs/lyrics I'm loving right now:

Ben's Brother - "Let Me Out":
You start to believe it's a curse that you're under
And you're just a doll for a girl who is cruel
With a pin...
I'd rather be wandering hungry and homeless
Than here in the warmth of a silent defeat.
You've gotta be honest with me a be ruthless
'stead of shifting uncomfortably there in you're seat
and your skin

Beth Hart - "Leave a Light on"

The Script - "Before the Worst" and "Talk you Down"

Bad Company - "Shining Star" and "Feel Like Makin Love"

Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"

Emerson Hart - "If You're Gonna Leave"
We can stand on reason
We can fight about all the things
This isn't forever
This is more than a wedding ring
But do you understand it baby
When you say it's over its done
Maybe I'm not the one

Missy Higgins - "Where I Stood"
See I thought love was black and white
That it was wrong or it was right
But you ain't leaving without a fight
And I think I am just as torn inside...
You meant more to me than anyone I ever loved at all
But you taught me how to trust myself and so I say to you
This is what I have to 

Brandi Carlile - "The Story"
All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
Oh but these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to

The Persishers - "Sway"
It was you who picked the pieces up
When I was a broken soul and then glued them back together
Returned to me what others stole...
I look at you and see a friend
I hope that's what you wanna be...
You gathered my dreams in when they all blew away
And then tricked them back in to me
You saved me
I was almost dead

Ok, so the lyrics don't necessarily reflect my life, but they are powerful none the less. Maybe this will be my last status update...but who knows. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment