11.25.2010

My Thankful Post

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to take a minute or two out of my super busy vacation to make a list of what I am thankful for. A few years ago, mom and I were driving to my brother's house for Thanksgiving and came upon a wreck that had just happened. Luckily everyone was OK, but we spent the rest of the trip listing out things we were thankful for and a tradition was born. I think many people will agree that we are thankful for family, friends, health, and work (although I think most of those come with age). I also wanted to get a little more specific.

I'm thankful:

  • That N always starts her sentences with "Excuse me" in the cutest little almost-4-years-old voice.
  • That C thinks to call and tell me Happy Thanksgiving because she *genuinely* wants me to have a great day.
  • That A is still trying to finish a book we bought together several months ago (she's just like her aunt that way :-) ). 
  • That my family didn't give me any hell for taking off during a holiday. Their respect and understanding of me wanting to get away from life and my obsession with traveling (even if it's only 5 hours away) allows me to enjoy each experience. 
  • For the beautiful weather today and the ability to sit outside and soak it all up.
  • For the men and women who have allowed me to live in a free country and who have fought and died for my rights to live.
  • For friends who understand that I am a prickly bitch on a good day and a grumpy ogre on an even better day, and they still stick around. 
  • That the grey cloud has disappeared and I feel normal again. 
  • That my advisor doesn't call me, ever, and gives me free reign to learn at my pace, my way, and of course, for letting me be away from school for long periods without giving me crap. 

To be honest, I live a very privileged life and for that I will always be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment