3.23.2011

Day One: Productive Nap Day

My flight got in around 6:30 (local time) this morning. Since then, I've managed to

  • take a 6-hour nap

The bed was much neater pre-nap.
Nice built-in fit all my stuff perfectly. 
  • unpack and settle in
See how my stuff fit so perfectly?

    The wine was so tempting after traveling for so long. 
  • purchase a cell phone (email me if you want the number to text me, just remember it's international)
Isn't it just so cute? I think my first phone in 1999 did more than this thing does.
  • walk around for about an hour
It was a beautiful day today. View of the castle. 
  • go grocery shopping
Refrigerator and freezer (shown next to the window) were empty. I fixed that.
Can you find the dishwaher?
  • and take some pictures of this amazeballs apartment I'm in

Entry into the apartment: bedroom straight ahead, another hallway to the right.
Hallway: bathroom straight ahead, lounge/dining room and kitchen to the left.
Bathroom is nicer than mine. 
Towel warmer. In the bathroom. Yes, a towel warmer. I'm.never.leaving.
The taxi driver, who kept calling me 'love', didn't believe I was staying in this apartment complex because apparently only super posh, non-Americans live here.
Lounge/dining room: great light. 
Couch will from now on be referred to as dissertation assistant.
They have a small movie collection with some pretty awesome movies and an interesting library of books. Oddly, there are no books on IRT though...weird.

Titles include: Harry Potter and Fight Club (in both book and movie form).
All that was completed several hours ago. Now I am going to sit in on a conference call and then off to bed. This time I will sleep as long as I can. 

Oh, and everyone has been asking me what I eat when I come over. I will do my best to keep everyone updated, but just to give you a heads up, I bought veggies, chicken, and a pre-mix of stir-fry sauce for dinner tomorrow. There is an Indian restaurant on this block that I may try tomorrow night instead, but we'll see. Also, for breakfast: sausage, egg whites, toast, and some orange-mango juice. Mmmm, I'm getting hungry already. 

Ok, now to stay awake up to and through the conference call...god help me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment