3.25.2011

Day Three: New and Old Friends

What a great day! I wasn't thrilled about forcing myself to wake up since I had a rough sleep day yesterday. But that all turned around very quickly.

First let me start with a kinda scary moment, not scary like my life was in danger, but scary like I'm an idiot. There have been several switches in the apartment that I just don't know what they do and being a typical scaredy-cat, I haven't tried any of them. Well this morning I wanted a light to shine on my awesomesauce breakfast.

I attempted a sausage omelet, but it turned into a cheese omelet (and only one piece of giant toast today). 
See why I wanted to see what I was eating. Delish! Anyway, in the course of turning the lights on I flipped a switch that made this happen:


Yes, a switch made that happen. Imagine my surprise! It's supposed to look like this:

See, it's open!
I'm not sure if there is anyone living below me, but after that noise I bet they're moving out. Well, that and I manage to make a ton of noise, like dropping my phone on the floor, at all times of the day and night. Those poor people.

Well the day turned around after I finally left the apartment and met up with Diarmid. I met him through a friend, though I would now call him my friend. :-) He works at Parliament, which happens to be the building next to mine (I'll post pics of that when I take them sometime). He took a bunch of time out of his very busy day to show me around and give me a very exclusive tour. It was a total blast! The building is so much cooler on the inside than the outside. And there was even an extra excursion outside the Parliament building. Diarmid is a superb tour guide! I am looking forward to more gems that he will hopefully introduce me to.

He dropped me off on the Royal Mile - always dangerous for me. I meandered up, purchased a bunch of postcards (which I plan on filling out tomorrow), and then went home for lunch. Lunch was just a ham sandwich and an apple.

Then I met up with my friend Ryan who just got his membership to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society and was anxious to use it. I was nice enough to volunteer to help him use it (gawd, I'm such a good friend). We started at the Queen's St. store where we had beer and wine (haha, I know). Then we wandered down to the Vaults store, after picking up his roommate Adam. We ate dinner and had more drinks there.

Yummy chicken cordon bleu and check out those chips, they're huge!
Dinner, drinks, and good company. What a great way to end a great day!

I took a couple of pictures of the town at sunset (GORGEOUS by the way), but I made the mistake of taking them with the stupid phone I got here and now I can't seem to get the pictures off the phone. Blerg. Anyway, there will be other opportunities for me to take pictures I'm sure.

Now if only it would rain so I could get some work done. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment