3.22.2011

On the road again....

This time for 3 weeks. I leave today for Edinburgh. I wish I could say it was on a one-way ticket, but alas. The layover in Newark is going to be about 9 hours or so (ugh!), but that was the tradeoff for the direct flight to Scotland. Even with the long layover, it's still a shorter travel day than making 3 stops.

Packing was a damn nightmare. I have this ginormous suitcase that holds everything I will need for the trip and then some. The problem is, that even without it being full, it is over the weight limit for travel. So then I move to the smaller bag and then I have to carry on more items. That's not really a big deal since I have the sleek roller carry-on bag, BUT then I end up with 2 roller bags. Are you seeing how hard life is?? Ok, so it really isn't that bad, but I haven't slept in over a week (except one night that was purely drug-induced) and I had an 8-hour interview yesterday. Yes, I said 8 hours!!! It went well, which is the good news, but my back and feet have not forgiven me. Plus, I got home really late and of course needed to start packing. I finally crashed at 2 and then up again at 4 to drive all the way to Columbus. Now I'm sitting in the airport with 2 hours until my flight and I'm just trying to stay awake long enough to board the flight and not miss it.

This trip to Edinburgh is a more relaxed trip. I don't have any tours planned (though I'm considering taking a certain one so I can get something for the girls) and I've got an apartment, which means independence, freedom!! My plan is to work on my dissertation proposal, polish my conference talk, read, relax, walk all over the city, watch some movies, eat some food...ok, now I'm just being silly. Did I mention I haven't slept much lately? That will also be on the agenda. I may even try blogging about my stay, even when it's totally dull, which is guaranteed for at least part of this trip. I will post pictures as I take them though, so you have something to look forward to.

See you all in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment