3.24.2011

Day Two: Sleep and Arthur's Seat

Another day to catch up on sleep. The meeting last night lasted til past midnight, plus I took some Zyrtec, which always knocks me out. Anyway, I won't mention what time I woke up, let's just say I needed the sleep. When I did manage to get up, I made a nice little breakfast.

Sausage and egg whites, toast, banana, and orang-mango juice. 
This really fueled me up for my hike up Arthur's Seat. 

See how high up it is? I needed fuel.
This hike reminded me that I need to go back to the gym. Sheesh! My legs are hurting, but there is no beating fresh air and a magnificent view! It was the perfectly wrong time to climb up (for pictures I mean), the sun was in a bad place for decent pictures.

Sun through the vegetation.
It was a beautiful view, regardless of what the picture shows.
There were paths all over the place.
The hike down was much easier and just as beautiful. Did I mention the weather was perfect? I was wearing a t-shirt on the way up and put my fleece on for the way down.

Duck pond along the way.
Looking out towards the firth of Forth.
Who wouldn't want to live here?

I had to make a stop at Tesco on the way home. It is just up one block from the apartment, and a short block at that. It's very convenient (maybe too convenient). Then back 'home' for dinner and chilling out. May try to go to bed early tonight so as not to waste the day away. 

Wonder what I should do tomorrow? Any suggestions? I'm hoping that the weather is nice again. If it rains, I have no excuse not to work on my dissertation, so I'm praying for sunshine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment